Saturday, October 29, 2005

Global conspiracy against congress

Via Indian Express,

UN Reports names Natwar Singh and Congress as bribe taker,

"... Outraged by what he termed as "baseless and untrue" allegations in a UN report which named him as one of the beneficiaries in Iraqi oil sales in 2001 under the Oil-for-Food programme, External Affairs Minister K Natwar Singh today said this was part of the campaign to malign the Congress party and its senior leaders. ...."

First Mithrokhin, now this. Considering the "integrity" of Congress, it must a global conspiracy hatched by US/UK/UN.

Now that malice is out, I don't think that Congress could have taken bribe in the period specified for the simple reason that it was not in power.

However, it is possible, influencial people in the governement and outside, got the kickbacks.

If true, I expect similar skeletons tumbling out from BJP's cupboard.

At any rate, after their 6 years, one has to be really naive to believe in their honesty.


Update: Apparently I spoke too early .UN Report indeed names Congress and Natwar Singh, in a very clear manner. These tables show Masefield (a swiss company) paying surcharge for oil, this company lifted oil quotas alloted to Natwar Singh and Congress by Iraqi regime. (Via Ashish)
Now the report mentions that person named by it may not be aware about the kickback, still it will be interesting to see how Natwar Singh and Congress had commericial ties with Saddam regime.
Via New Indian Express,
Jagat Singh, son of Natwar Singh may be involved in UNSCAM
I stand corrected.
Ofcourse, it remains to be seen whether any action will be taken by GOI, somehow I doubt this.

0 comments: