The tale of two surveys - I
Alternatively titled "Spinners Narrative"
Recently Hindu/CNN-IBN published a survey on mood of the nation.The wisdom that flowed through the exercise was (in short newsworthy bites) that if elections were to happen today BJP will perform poorly. Well, bad news about BJP are not exactly something which is rare nowadays so this blogger being an unabashed BJP shill did what one could do in this situation, that is suppressing minorities, secularists and progressives.
However Prasanna had the forbearance to read the whole thing and he found the survey well a little hard to digest.I mean Congress getting 240 seats, very doubtful !
I admit this was a surprise to me, because while no one can accuse likes of N. Ram and Rajdeep Sardesai of being neutral or unbiased, Yogendra Yadav even though being a socialist was tolerably objective .
This means he has become a life time member of Sonia bhajan mandali, the other option (of him being correct) will no doubt warm the cockles of "secular rights".
Of course this will mean erosion of freedom and return of mai-baap government is a small price to pay for defeating the communal forces
Afterthought: I should make it clear, I have no problem with N. Ram or Rajdeep Sardesai being partisan (I have made it clear). What I object is,
1. The unwillingness on part of secularists in media to come clean. Please if you want to fight, do it in open. The way our progressive clique apportion the role of Judge, Jury,Prosecutor,Witness, Executioner & Priest is what riles me.
2. The failure of "common man" in light of surmounting evidence to see through this partisanship and chicanery of the ELM.
If it is any consolation, it is that Journalists were always like this. To confirm one just has to read Mark Twain description of journalism in his age. Journalists are modern civilization's answer to rumour mongers of ancient years.

0 comments:
Post a Comment