Wednesday, July 04, 2007

On answer

There was something interesting in the last post. I invite Frogji and Sharanji to answer.

Hint: It is not necessarily based on accurate translation. The clue is in name. Think deep.

Update: I was too vague, to be specific the theme of the post was inspired by which real event ?

Another Update: Since Frogji has not been able to answer so far, and Sharanji (shame be upon him) has not even attempted, anyone who can answer it ?

Yet another update: Rabin, you bastard, since it was you who introduced me to Asimov, why dont you try ? Or is it that you are scared, huh huh ;-)

One more update: Ritwik had the right answer, which I deleted so that others can attempt. This kid is smart, he is also very ronery, usko ek teddy bear diya.

Final update: Yes, answer is Deep Blue, and yes it is for defeating a Grand Master in chess for the first time. For Dhruv one chota teddy bear, Shadows on the hand has proven that he is the real makaho, makhao (subject form of verb makhana ). I mean he almost got the damn answer. He gets kela.

Sigh why do you mortals keep on disappointing me !

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any connection with Alexander ( called "alakShyEndra" in cANakya ) and Porus?

doubtinggaurav said...

Nope, try again. First try to get the theme, and read the hint carefully ;-)

Sharan Sharma said...

Gauravji, thoda time chahiye...kAm mein fasa hua hoon...

In The Shadows said...

Purpose.. the answer is purpose.

In simpler terms, those lines from Matrix 2, when the disconnected Agent Smith is left with no purpose..

doubtinggaurav said...

Shadows,

Inspired by real events ;-)

Sharan Sharma said...

arre Prabhuji, thoda time mAnga tha!..shame vame kar diya humein...

doubtinggaurav said...

Sharanji tarkash se nikla hua teer aur keyboard se type kiye shabd kabhi waapis nahin hote

Dhruv said...

I might be a little low on my GK since I cant correlate the theme of this story to any current real life event. Or am I looking in wrong place?

As for the theme, it sounds like like a creation transcending the creator by fighting him, a theme which I can find only in sci-fi movies. Also, I conclude this passage is not from a real Hindu text since it is full of what I would call Darwinian Romanticism. :-)

Anyway, it seems there are too many places to look for in the passage you've written...

Consider giving another hint??

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv you are very close to answer, you got the theme correct. Read the hint carefully. And I said it was inspired by "real event", I didnt say it was current.

Dhruv said...

If this event is something that belongs to the (meta)physical history of the universe, maybe you are talking of the big bang..(supplanting
nirguna with maninfest???)

Or is this something that has to do with world politics??...One political phenomenon or group spawning another which eventually turns against it??


Also regarding the hint...you say the clue is in the name...But what is the name here.. is it the name of your post( " the question is anwered?")...or is it the names of the characters....In case its the name of the characters, a good guess would be what modern history calls the replacement of Vedic Gods by the Puranic Gods..The names Indra and Krishna would suggest that...

Hehe well in that case I dont know if I would agree with this particular version of history,
but nonetheless, it makes an interesting answer to your question

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv you are going too far in the past the event I am talking about happened less than 25 years ago, It has nothing to do with politics, go to your first conjecture. Think about the names in the post, read the hint and think real deep ;-)

Dhruv said...

Does this have something to do with water?

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv,

Nope, why did you think of water by the way ??

Dhruv said...

you've said "think deep" twice, also in your hint..:-)

So I was guessing underground or underwater..I am looking for natural phenomena since you have ruled out human politics.

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv there is more to humanity than mere politics :-).

doubtinggaurav said...

And every sentence in the hint is there for a reason. Think deep ;-)

Dhruv said...

Sorry for lamely asking for hints but... is this something from the world of literature?

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv,

No nothing to do with literature. You have got the theme right in your first comment, you have to start from the theme i.e. creation defeating creator, this is a very very obvious hint. Think .. ;-)

Dhruv said...

creator..creation...conflict...names..play of words....hmmm


In the mean time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvl8djv0MAI

Since you were being nostalgic the last few days, thought you might like this.. Well I dont understand Tamil, but this is AMAZING.

doubtinggaurav said...

Dhruv,

You almost solved the problem :-)

On video agree amazing those were the days when Rehman craze had just started

In The Shadows said...

Gaurav,

bahut lamba kheech liya hai isko.. now i hope you have a good answer to this question, or you might be flamed..

Creation defeating creator ? There are too many things that classify as creation defeating the creator.. or fighting the creator..

But its purpose.. believe me.. its purpose.. Watch the matrix trilogy again :-)

In The Shadows said...

>>> you are going too far in the past the event I am talking about happened less than 25 years ago, It has nothing to do with politics, go to your first conjecture. Think about the names in the post, read the hint and think real deep ;-)


Nothing to do with politics.. hmm.. maybe business world..

Is it Microsoft taking on IBM, its creator..

Thinking deep.. IBM.. deep Blue.. Thinking deeply.. deep thought is the name of one of IBMs mainframe computers..

Some business world takeover, it seems....

In The Shadows said...

One more update: Ritwik had the right answer, which I deleted so that others can attempt. This kid is smart, he is also very ronery, usko ek teddy bear diya.
==============

Hey Kid, put up the answer on your blog, so that Gaurav wont delete it ;-)

Gaurav, the hints are too general..

Dhruv said...

Gaurav,

I had given up on my side since I could not think of any relevant technological achievement. But I think shadows is right, Deep Blue seems like a good answer...Fits the creator creation theme nicely.


Also, Krishna is deep blue too !

Ritwik said...

Ohh dear god, you guys have almost spelt out the answer and are yet thinking in terms of business takeovers and IBM? I would have put up the answers shadows, but my leftist sarkari mindset means that I'm unwiling to disclose privileged information.

Actually, it will be shitty to reveal the anaswer when u guys are so close. Ek dhakka aur do.

Dhruv said...

Hey Gaurav it is deep blue right?

In The Shadows said...

Hey Gaurav,

What is makaho... Couldnt find anything on that lingo page.. But I did find Kela :-)