Thursday, January 05, 2006

Terrorism in Banglore

I was in Home when this happened and I was dismayed , but not surprised.

For thought- provoking analysis this , this , and this should be more than sufficient.

However my chain of thoughts are entirely in different direction.

Why what happened in Banglore did not happen sooner ?

Following are my conclusions

1) Support of Pakistan and Bangladesh in fomenting Terrorism is figment of our imagination, if true then we are living in a type 1984 world and are already damned

2) Contrary to our perception of our intelligence agencies, they are doing an exceptionally good job resulting in much less damage than terrorists are wishing for and putting an effort for.

3) Our opponents are cunning but dimwits like lowly animals.

4) Indian Muslims despite the recent tensions are not very enthusiastic to join new version of caliphate.

I will have to elaborate on last point, which I will do in next post.

The other point is that of prevention.

Increasing security at every international conference, IIT , IIM is naive and self defeating at best and at worst has a potential to turn India into military camp (this will also ensure that IITians do no get their dose of hash , but I digress).

Our intelligence agencies need to be made more agile , but even that will not stop the blood bath.
Even the best intelligence set up will not be able to prevent the attacks 100% of times.
The final solution is ofcourse to strike at the home base and get rid of this problem forever.
This will take time and meanwhile what Indians can do is to have courage and what is more important understand the true nature of problem.

One more thing , Banglore shooting did not dampen the enthusiasm of citizens. Is it courage ? Nitin thinks so , I will beg to differ .
This was example of Hindu fatalism. Since we choose to remain indifferent, we will be continued to attacked.
I have a second hand experience of this, after Delhi blasts when I called up my relatives they were cheerful and unconcerned. This is not bravery, this is stupidity, which is easily explained for Dodos, but not for humans.

To quote revised H2G2 , "Panic !"

0 comments: