Midnight Profundity
1. Reason Ayn Rand is so successful.
Atrocious writing covers up awful philosophy and vice versa. Result, as far as I can tell from observations, can be quite stunning. I have a future after all.
2. A humble prayer
Lord save reason from rationalists.
3. A sweet revenge
More people follow street car than INI.[1],[2]
4. I am awesome.

16 comments:
Dude,
Why do you have 45 items below your post? I mean who the hell would digg you?
Respect mah royalty..
Somebody was saying something about conceit.
Dear confused,
One must keep the faith. However since you asked you can volunteer and digg all my posts (800+ of them)
Dear Ritwik,
I admire the conceit. Conceit is one of the most remarkable quality in a man. A result of civilization diffusing into the subterranean beastliness of forgotten era.
You are NOT awesome. You are awful. Because you found the wrong reason why people read Any Rand. The simplest reason is that she peddles promiscuity as a virtue. Thats why it is popular in the girls' hostel.
Dear Sriram,
Since I could never understand Ayn Rand beyond the point that she was lots of horse manure, I can not comment on promiscuity as virtue.
However if FountainHead is any indicator she loved S&M.
Besides do most girls really read FountainHead ? Do "most" girls (or boys) read anything.
Lastly you hate me because I am Jagadguru's param bhaktha and you are not.
HATER !!
Dictator,
You want to see the most obvious example of people projecting their own perceptions as truth? Look at your reply to Sriram.
Sriram says "thats why it is popular in the girls' hostel".
You say " do "most" girls (or boys) read anything. " You actually put a word that was never used into double quotes. I think I should become a postmodernist now.
And as for Rand and girls, let me correct your interpretation of Sriram. "Most non-libertarians who read Rand are girls". So, if you find a random girl, she is not likely to have read Rand. But if you find a random Rand fan, it is very likely to be a girl. I'm telling you - the world needs my discourse on probability and propositional logic. The moment I get over my laziness, lucid enlightenment shall follow.
Dear Ritwik,
What else "popular" means. Chalo let me make it plurality (as opposed to majority)
And since the statement "it is popular with girls", doesn't compare the relative percentage of girls vs boys hence it doesn't mean "a non-libertarian* Rand fan is more likely to be girl."
* Q Who is a non-libertarian ?
Ohh that was my own assertion. I assert that most non-libertarian Rand fans are girls, though of course, most grils do not read anything, just like most boys. Sriram of course said something about Girls' hostels, which cannot be extended to the entire gender as most girls do not stay in hostels.
I think that by "popular in girls' hostels", the more obvious imlication is - popular in girls' hostels as opposed to boys' hostels (girls vs boys). You of course, tend to take it to mean - popular among most members of the girls' hostels. (popular vs indifferent). We are all projecting our own truths, we are all post-modernists.
Anyhow, enough of this semantic quibbling. I am going to trash Rand very soon too. So much to write, such little drive - what to do?
*Ans - A non-libertarian is someone who reads Rand and understands the main themes to be "ego" and "self" and not "individual" and "freedom".
Dear Ritwik,
I note with pleasure, that once again your attempt,in true bourgeois fashion, to challenge my awesomeness has been thwarted.
Now to answer,
Dear Sir,
Simply put a non-libertarian is someone who doesn't wear liberty footwear. He/she may instead prefer lakhani, bata, nike, adidas, reebok, the options in post globalization era being virtually unlimited.
More people follow street car than INI.[1],[2]
==============
If the benevolent dictator would not delete comments jarring to his ears, I would like to point out that more people follow both street car and INI than Something like Life
Shadows,
"I would like to point out that more people follow both street car and INI than Something like Life"
This is Kalyuga what else can one expect.
Reg. Deleting, look I don't like deleting comment and I have never done that earlier, but I had already warned, Don't you think that I deserve at least a bit of courtesy on my blog.
>>> I deserve at least a bit of courtesy on my blog.
Yeh Kalyuga hai, you cant expect this.
If you want to be a successful benevolent dictator, you should not clamp down on citizen's freedom by deleting comments, you should use a Chhenali to spray them with bullets.
Chhenali - Here
and
Here
and
Here
Apart from the topic, nice guns.. take a look.. I wonder which are a better stunner,, tanushree dutta or these guns.
Wow.. you both are adding layers of meanings to my words (which are actually better than what I meant)! Just like modern art or poetry.
Sriram dude, come answer my survey question on my blog. All for the quest of science. As you're the original speaker of the sentence, I'd count your comment as two votes.
Dear Shadows,
No, there is no compulsion is my benevolent dictatorship.
Dear Sriram,
In other words, putting lipstick on pig
Ritwik, I oblige.
And you bhaktha#2 - it is not like putting lipstick on pig, it is like people finding more (at times better) meanings than what the artist/poet intended in an abstract art/poetry laden with figures of speech. The difference between what I said and what you say is that between class and crass. :)
Post a Comment