Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Centre Right Delusion

I don’t want to name names but I confess it is kind of amusing to observe the clamor for being centre-right. So far I have refrained from commenting because well even though it is superficial, I am not someone who antagonizes someone who is on my side (even marginally).

 

However as insignificant as I am in the blogosphere allow me to intervene. People who are advocating a demarcation between “Global Hindu Activism” and “Centre Right Activism” are engaging and wasting their time in a fool’s errand. Any political ideology which intends to preserve and improve India must be based upon a simple premise* (emphasis on simple), “To be Hindu is to be Indian and to be Indian is to be Hindu”. And no what I am saying is not the same as Mohan Bhagwat said earlier. Therefore as much as some people may believe by jettisoning Hindu concerns they can appease secular establishment, I must protest any attempt to separate Hindu concerns from Indian concerns as it is tantamount to ripping soul from the body.

 

Hence count me out of centre right bandwagon. I remain, an aspiring political Hindu.

 

* I simplify, but you get the picture or so I hope.

blog comments powered by Disqus