Naipaul the Oracle!
Just finished Among the believers.
What is remarkable is Naipaul prediction of the fundamentalist turn Islam will take in the coming decades.
His prediction came at the time when West was obsessed with communism.
It was only after 9/11 that US woke up to the danger Islamic terrorism posed to western civilization.
I have read only two of his books and I liked both, for Naipaul's prose and his insight of human nature and civilization.
I think his insight comes from his being born in a stranded culture and his subsequent efforts to discover his cultural identity.

1 comments:
What a great site Sleep apena oral appliance Georgia accutane lawyers Tuning do renault thalia Rce honda 125 stop taking effexor Fire alarms that have system monitoring Seattle tumescent liposuction Adware 5 0 Compare faucet quality Sustainability leadership training bank america credit card access The gay men's health charity Land rover fourm Tikets fr die freezers portable dishwasher Laptops with dvi out
Post a Comment