Spin and Spin Masters
I was watching TV yesterday after a long time, mainly to see election analysis.
Now since I am in Chennai and no mood to take set top box, I get only NDTV.
Well, it was amusing (in earlier times , I would have found it infuriating) to see Mr Prannoy Roy and Ms. Barkha Dutt spinning the coverage in order to cover up for their discomfort and annoyance that BJP won the elections and against the very Messiah of secularism !
How do they did it.
1) Nitish Kumar won the elections. (implying BJP did nothning)
2) Gloomily prediciting about hurdles in front of new dispension because of contradictory idelogies (hmmm genuises! Samata Party has been in coalition with BJP since 1996 and has shared power for something like 6 years. Governance has very little to with ideologies. Governments fall in India because of ego and greed not because of ideologies)
3) Reasoning in a rather convoluted way that since JD(U)-BJP combination benifitted from this election so the sin of what Buta Singh did has been partially atoned (ladies and gentlemen, may I remind you that constitution was violated as put by Supreme Court itself, there is no atonement for this). This reasoning would do any trepize artist proud
4) Implying that BJP played foul as it did not raise "Hindutva" (There is a word called priority there is another word called convenience, politics are dictated by both.) It is little surprising that "secularists" are so obsessed by "Hindutva", what could be the reason ? Ahh BogeyMan.
Today the minutemen of secularism
Outlook and The Hindu were spinning their own deceptions
From Outlook
"On the other, there was virtually no village that this correspondent visited where residents did not complain about the deletion of genuine voters from the electoral rolls -- ranging from 10 to 300 per booth. The EC has said that it removed the names of close to 20 lakh "bogus" voters from the lists and added four lakh names -- the result was that many with election IDs were turned away from the booths as their names had been cancelled from the lists."
Here I admit that more of a subtle spin that outright falsehood, but heck I am angry and I am drenched and now I am shivering, so to hell with them.
Hindu spends more time on proving that the victory is not result of hindutva (BJP is not claiming it).

1 comments:
Very nice site! Kitchen faucets single pull out spray Fixed cost for carnival cruise lines 1 hosting server merchant account Vicodin side effects info on valtrex Disk recovery expert Children home decor fabrics Large bath tub mats Business card layouts with logos Sweet black pussy nude http://www.tooth-whitening-product-5.info http://www.free-sex-movie-2.info dry skin care blackberry way oldies mp3 down blouse Download photoshop fast with dial up Spyware amaena Recommended dosage lexapro contact lenses
Post a Comment