Saturday, November 26, 2005

Superstition on TV

While surfing channel, I came upon an unusual advertisement.

This advertisement was selling "Laxmi Paduka" as a good luck charm claiming that paduka will get you a good job, get you married, make Mallika Sherawat shut her mouth etc.

Of course I know that superstitions are always lurking in India, but actually being advertised on TV !

Today must be the silly thread in my life .

1 comments:

doubtinggaurav said...

Jaffna,

I think that superstition is universal is an unfortunate fact.
I have also seen that even rich and educated are not spared from this,althoug theirs are new fangled (for example numerology, tarot cards etc. etc.), which ofcourse proves that modern education is no
way to enlightment.
I think Indian politicians are if anything more superstitious, indulging in yagna and all sort of rituals, mind you I am not opposed to rituals, but I insist they should be considered as symbol for devotion, to use them in order to propitiate god in my view is superstition and againt whatever is spiritual.

Regarding sitemeter, No I dont exactly need it, but I like to have widgets (yes I am a techie) :-).

Again thanks for kind words.

But I have yet to clearly form a picture of an idea with which I can identify with,
blogging offers me an opportunity to explore myself to ideas.

Regards