Monday, December 19, 2005

About BJP and other things........

Swapan Dasgupta in a recent article in Pioneer comments on Leadership trouble in BJP simmering , and sometimes exploding since last year or two.

It is well and good to talk of discipline in boy - scout or military.
However democracy thrives on ideas and ideas bloom not in class room discipline (as RSS would like to believe), but in divergence, even dissension.

Attempts to discourage ideas by taking shelter behind the holy grail of discipline is counter productive.

Which reminds that Mr. Swapan Dasgupta is one of the few right leaning journalist (along with Mr TVR Shenoy), he is on the mark most of the times.
It was a disappointment to me when he left India-Today (I would like to know what was the back room story). However considering the way India Today is going slimes way I am glad he left it. Anyway I will link to his articles in Pioneer.
Outlook in general is more serious magazine, trouble is ofcourse that it is unabashedly pink, and I have not yet fortitude to read it on regular basis.

The last article that I read with sincerity was Ms Arundhati Roy tirade against nuclear test (who I am proud to say, has scaled dazzling heights of insanity), needless to say,it was just another step towards loss of my innocence

This process (loss of innocence) was complete and disenchantment with English media and secular crowd almost set in, with the way they gave coverage to Godhra Massacre. It had started with how Mulayam Singh Yadav ordered shooting of karsevaks and insincerity of secularists in settling Ram Mandir issue.

At any rate sometimes I am scared by my own vehemence. As Nietzsche cautioned against , have I became the monster , I am fighting against. I hope not.

This post has been spell checked, so any blame lies with spell checker. Grammar checker is not there so I will blame blogger.

0 comments: