Saturday, December 17, 2005

Unjustified , intolerant and dumb

Muslims have high birth rate because ....

1) They intend to make India Islamic state.

2) They intend to achieve electoral superiority.

This unfortunate meme is frequently heard from overzealous nationalist hindu As a circumspect hindu and nationalist, let me disagree.

Muslims have, well many issues. If looked religion vise muslims inIndia will inevitably come out as worse off than other communities, and to a large extent it is themselves or rather the educated among them who are to blame.

They have been increasingly getting ghettosized, they refuse to entertain any reasoned arguement for reform and cry foul if someone not from the community chooses to comment on their state. This hesitation results in continuing sliding down in all parameters. And this will continue , I am afraid to a most unsavoury conclusion, unless it is stemmed. This will require less of Syed Shahabuddin and more of Kalbe Sadiq, but what is more it will require coming out of this self fulfilling seize complex , eschewing ignorance and less thought about face saving gimmicks.

The detour that I took became long winded one, now coming to the point while Muslims may be faring poorly in population control it doesnt mean that there is a deliberate conspiracy to dominate Hindus simply by over reproduction (as much as misguided Hindus will like to believe and what is more misguided muslim clerics will like to believe) , it might be economical neccessity , it might be ignorance or it might be religious orthodoxy what it is not is some Saudi conspiracy, and this is as important for Hindus to understand as for Muslims.

The reason, well paronia and fear mongering undermine not only spirit of a particular community but also of the nation. And if there is one thing that hindus can not afford to undermine it is the country , it is our "punya bhumi" , our "janam bhumi" and our " karma bhumi", here Hinduism was born and here it will take it's last sigh. So whatever we do, let us not anything which harms it's sons and by association this sacred land itself.

2 comments:

froginthewell said...

I certainly agree it is not an intentional conspiracy. But I hope you won't say that this doesn't necessitate the abolishment of polygamy among muslims.

And secondly, I do think there is reason to fear. That something like what is happening in in europe may occur, not due to muslim population alone though. Christianity has already overtaken Buddhism in Korea and has become the most popular religion there. And I think that has affected Korean culture adversely. With several inter-religious marriages ( almost always ending with hindu conversion or children becoming non-hindu ) demography can tilt considerably. Particularly because of late inter-religious marriages have been increasing.

I am not saying something undemocratic should be done to stop all this but I definitely regret this and don't know what can be done. Finally, I think the single greatest threat to hinduism is not christian missionaries or islamic population explosion but the recent materialism and the concomitant atheism of hindus.

P. S. 1 : By century do you mean hundred posts? Congrats.
P. S. 2 : The author of India Uncut is Amit Varma, not Amit Verma.

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

I oppose polygamy or any preferential treatment to anyone.
I agree about your concern, IMO it calls for Hindus to be self - aware instead of repeating "we have survived for 5000 years, so what's the big deal".

I am trying to explore my heritage, and a significant portion is that of Hinduism, may be that is the way.

Atheism in my view is a self -defeating philosphy with no aim .

Regards