Saturday, January 28, 2006

A belated speech

This post acknowledges my crossing 1000 mark.

I would like to thank my mother for not being pro-choice.

Also for suffering me for so long.

Then I would like to thank my pets which I never had because my mother thinks I am lazy pest.

Then I would like to thank my English teacher, who ensured that I am not bounded by arbitrary form of grammar or spellings.

Coming back to this blog.

Thanks to search engines and all those people keying in "Natwar", "Sania", "Karat" or other interesting search strings. Without search engines, this blog would have died a lonely death.

Thanks to FrogInTheWell and Jaffna for visiting and being so gracious as to comment.

Thanks to Sandeep, Pankaj and Aditya for putting me on blog list.

Thanks to anonymous who keeps posting article in the comments.

Thanks to those who visit and leave silently.

Thanks to the Spam Bots.

When I started blogging, I had a simple aim.

I was aiming not for excellence, I was aiming for mediocrity and I am satisfied to note that I have consistently maintained that level, at which blandish reigns. As I continue I can be counted on maintaining the tradition.

To encourage people to visit this blog, I promise that I will assure that everyone receive one Indibloggies awards, this I will achieve by threatening physical existence of the presenter.

3 comments:

doubtinggaurav said...

Nitin,

Thanks, but was the speech fit for Oscars.

Regars

froginthewell said...

All ( or almost all ) of us have prejudices. But I think what makes this blog different from most others ( I am not exaggerating or trying to please ) are the genuine attempts to independent thought. Usually people tend only to quote articles supporting their point of view and also write simple generalities to that effect. Especially many popular bloggers.

By the way a suggestion : wouldn't it be better if you have fewer articles per page? Because sometimes this blog takes too long to load. Alternatively you might want to try a Ravikiran-like "Read the rest of this entry" style.

Regards,
froginthewell

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

Thanks for praise (which I don't deserve)

Your point about posting is taken,

Hope you wont have problem loading now.

Regards