Free and commodity.
In a recent post Atanu made a distinction between pure and actionable information.
This makes me think what information do sex surveys convey, actionable ? Perhaps, to ladies of street, pure ? Perhaps, to people who can not afford mags of repute (such as playboy) or who like their political news with a doze of useless information.
I am ofcourse jesting.
But what I was thinking was this,
All the sex surveys I read (of India Today), there was a poll of (males, I would think) asking what part of female anatomy attracts them most, there was no corresponding poll for male anatomy. It was accompanied by a picture with a helpful pointer to all the parts voters felt attracted tp.
So the question is this , doesn't it degrade women too, if so , Why is that it goes unnoticed ?
May be , because after all PC brigade is more interested in hedonism and less is women freedom.
Shouldn't this be counted as gender discrimination ?

3 comments:
Well, people don't seem to believe that that kind of a thing qualifies as degradation. Anyone who argues that it is degradation belongs to the moral police. And "progressive" people seem to think, perhaps rightly so, that while their intention may not be woman's freedom this kind of a thing aids the cause of woman's freedom by making public female expressions of sexuality more acceptable.
What is "PC"? Now my personal take : these contribute some way or the other to westernising India, as people will start craving more and more for this kind of sexual stuff. Most people accept liberal views on sex primarily because their instincts get the better of their selves ( and only secondarily because they find the liberal logic appealing ). I think such things will help the cause of womens' freedom, but at the expense of men and by mentally enslaving men.
Good blog, dude. Keep writing.
Frog,
It is not as much as enslavement of males (I find this who shebang of Metrosexuality hilarious), I find this "anything goes" disconcerting and I am surprised when Freedom supporters don't see it. As far as my understanding even the west has many gender related crimes despite being a far open society.
Regards
Post a Comment