Thursday, February 09, 2006

Blinkered by bias

This is surely one of the worst editorial from Mr Shekhar Gupta

Socialite Party,

He in effect congratulates Mulayam Singh for breaking up from Lohiate (follower of Ram Manohan Lohia) past.

Now I am no admirer of Lohia, (or for that matter any shade of socialism).
But by seeking to put blame of UP on only Lohoia is disingenuous, UP since independence was ruled by Congress for most of the times, the chief minister always being one of dynasty's toadies.
In fact the failure of UP is puzzlement to me ( I posted about it here).

I can understand Mr Shekhar Gupta's bias against Lohiates though, Lohiates were at fore front of Hindi agitation and therefore dangerous to ilks of Shekhar Gupta.

Also, Mr Shekhar Gupta is not much aware of the ground realities. While UP is not yet a "beyond hope" case, it is not shining exactly under present regimen of Mr Mulayam Singh, what is more by taking support of well known criminal elements, promoting nepotism and cronyism, Mr Yadav is just continuing the sorry tradition of past UP politicians. When I was there last time , a organisation owing allegiance to ruling party was running advertisements on newspaper linking alleged mistreatement of Raja Bhayya (a notorious criminal) to pride of Rajput Caste.
What is more from conversation, it seemed to me that Mayawati was on a comeback trail.
Unfortunately BJP in UP is on a death wish, what with current pack of jokers.