Revisiting Temple of Doom
Via Sepia Mutiny
Kali’s video game debut
"...Kali is appearing in the forthcoming Emperor Ashoka … which recreates battles from the life of a legendary Indian king who lived in the third century B.C. The game allows players to engage in bloody historic battles based in ancient temples and other antique environments. Some mythical creatures are also thrown in — in addition to Kali, there are gargoyle-like interpretations of the voluptuous female statues that adorn sacred buildings in India, who come alive and fight. “We wanted to have an edge,” says Indiagames CEO Vishal Gondal. “It’s a storyline that hasn’t been seen before” [Link]..."
Once again there is an example which reinforces the negative stereotype of Hindu dieties as Satanic/Demonic. Maa Kaali is a symbol of evil to be slain by the protagonist of the game.
However, the difference this time is that instead of being a foreigner, it is the work of Indians only.
Indiagames which is producing and distributing the game is an Indian company.
That educated Hindus will indulge in such vilification of Hinduism is just an example of wrong
with Hinduism.
The company can be contacted at info@indiagames.com, I have registered my protest,
I think everyone should do it.

4 comments:
I think that Sepia Mutiny article is terribly stupid. Why do they assume that many concerned hindus got to know of that video game? Also, there is some Indianajones movie where kALi is shown as evil - may be that was the inspiration for the video game.
Frog,
Yes I find this act of intellectual bloviating surprising (or not depending on the level of cynicism).
I think that movie was called temple of doom hence the title of the post.
Regards
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Dell tablet laptops Prepaid credit debit card 20 Dance merry christmas mr. lawrence mp3 Affiliate program that pays commission through western union Ladyboy 2fphilippine transexuals
Excellent, love it! Ebp-210 battery
Post a Comment