Monday, March 13, 2006

Our Politicians, Their Politicians

So you think that it is only Indian politicians who are demagogue and pander to their base.
Well then sample this,

Hillary Clinton (D-Senator - NY) speaking at Martin Luther King celebration to predominantly black audience, “The Congress has been run like a plantation by Republicans”
GWB gets a lot of flack for his lack of language comprehension, however all said and done he doesn’t indulge in character assassinations.

But!

GWB on being asked about Intelligent Design controversy, “I think Intelligent Design should be discussed along with Darwinian evolution”
While we are at it, I demand that theory of stokes should be discussed along with theory of sexual reproduction.
I am thankful that for all our superstitions, India doesn’t have this controversy.
Ofcourse this doesn’t stop our leaders to take a dip in Ganga or perform a yagna whenever there is solar eclipse.

And!

Ray Nagin (D- Mayor of New Orleans) speaking at a conference, “When New Orleans is rebuilt, it will be a chocolate city”, I bet if some white conservative to say that, there will a big outcry against “The Man”.