Monday, April 24, 2006

The Dark Age

I wish this referred to Age Of Empires, however it doesn't.

(Via Slimes)

Raped by bro-in-law, murdered by hubby,

"A 30-year-old woman in Punjab was allegedly murdered by her husband after she accused her brother-in-law of raping her and insisted that the matter be reported to police....."

I understand we do not live in utopia. I also understand that despite the best efforts of people criminals (and this includes murders and rapists) exists and will continue to exist.

But this is not a case of simple murder or rape.

The woman was killed by husband to protect the honour of the family!

What kind of perversion is this when superficial and prejucied opinions of others holds more sanctity than resepct and even life of women?

Where a victim has to bear the cross, where she gets scorn and contempt instead of sympathy and justice.

But we all know.It is a diseased society of de-humanized people which condones or rationalizes such acts.

I do not tolerate such vileness, nor do I accept anyone else, either in India or anywhere in world.

Make no mistake, society so depraved has no right to exist! If there is no hope for reform, even destruction is preferable to existence of such ignoble people.

3 comments:

doubtinggaurav said...

Jaffna,

I know, there is no account for people's tastes ;-).

Regards

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

The murder happened no because of a individual pervert or deviant.
It is this disgusting notion of Izzat (honour) which was result of murder.
Yes I know that noone whom I know will commit such heinous crimes, but point is that society doesn't comprise just of me or you, it comprises of those element who considers women as commodity.
As you must know I am hardly a feminist (if anything, I view feminism with scepticism), however I do believe in human dignity and therefore the very idea that such people exist among ourselves in unbearable to me.
Related to the issue, earlier I said that none of my circle will commit such act, however I am not sure how they will react to rapes or women abuse.

Do not misunderstand me, when I blame society, I blame myself.
As a citizen of India,I consider existence of such barbarism as a personal failure

Regards

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »