Thursday, April 20, 2006

My foreign policy objectives

Nitin has written a post about the objectives of Indian foreign policy.

My humble contribution

1) Persuade the americans to adopt metric system of measurement, if they fail to do so, make UN impose sanctions on US.

2) While on America, make sure that a Presidential candidate is familiar with the basic rules of grammar, has average comprehension skills and doesn't think that "Intelligent Design" is science. I do not want a Monty Python sketch.

3) Also, pass a resolution declaring any Pakistani victory over Indian team (in cricket or hockey), a violation of international laws.

4) Make people (oops, I mean celebrities) understand that rock concerts are not a good way to eliminate world hunger.

5) Make Michael Moore shave his beard.

6) While on Moore, make him loose some weight. (He makes me want to throw up even without watching his polemics)

7) Prohibit Britney Spears (Or Madonna) from entering any Hindu Temple.

8) Forbid George Lucas from producing any further Star Wars franchise (what is great about it anyway, tacky doesn't even begin to describe the whole thing).

9) Outlaw any sequel to Basic Instinct. Make Sharon Stone wear a Burqa.

10) Make uttering metrosexual a capital punishment.

The points that I made may seem silly, but I believe that if properly done will go on to make the world a much better place for living. And it is the belief which is important not facts, not logic.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I myself do not need to be persuaded to use metric. Its simplicity is sufficient. When I was 8 years old, I learned it within a few minutes. This was in 1975, the year of the Metric Conversion Act, and when gasoline was sold by the liter. This act was a very weak law, and the practice of selling gasoline by the liter caused great confusion.
I think the best way to persuade the use of metric is to remind people that the USA is losing its status as a world power as a result of using outdated units.
The British Standards Institute has already established a clothing size label consisting entirely of metric measurements, making it even more urgent to make the switch to metric.

doubtinggaurav said...

Thomas,

Yes metrics is simple and efiicient

I support maintaining tradition but sticking to pound and gallons seems a little ridiculous.

Regards

doubtinggaurav said...

Nitin,

Granted this post is silly, but it was sincere, so you should not be laughing ;-)

Regards