Tuesday, May 02, 2006

India xeroxed

Here is the deal,

I am sick of this unrestricted internalization of all things western.

I have already given up on pub and loud music. "Dudes" will pretend to like acid rock even if they are as ignorant as they come where finer points of music is concerned, they will also like to "hang out " in pubs, drink alcohol and smoke tobacco, all this for sake of being "in", because noone wants to be out, unless "out" is "in".

However I still find my outraged .

One, I understand Indian cinema whatever be the language is heavily inspired by hollywood, I also understand that considering the lousy IP laws in India, there is no way Indian producers are going to be sued for inspiration. But, even then what is need for being so blatant about it.
Why use terms like bollywood, kollywood or tollywood, why not use last ounce of creativity and coin something which is original and catchy at the same time (I can not think of any, but I am a software programmer not an artist).

Two, I am gettng sick of overuse of "desi" and "pundit". If you want to have a cool blogname (mine doesn't), please stop prefixing or suffixing these in your name.