Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stuck On, Stupid

It is for pithy phrases like title that I love Americans

Anyway,

In yet another pointless exercise round of dialogues on kashmir, gentle doctor has proposed a five point plan. before continuing I do wonder (sincerily) that does mandarins at sout block have a template for J&K , well if they don't they should have.

PM speaking on the agenda of n th (n being an obscenely large number ) round (why round, isn't this discrimination against triangles and squares, is there a latent strain of polygonphobia in us)
advised terrorists that violence doesn't help anyone (actually it does, more on it later) if only I had a penny everytime someone repeated this stupid cliche, I would be a very very rich man.

Further,

Spelling out the agenda for the second round table Dr Singh asked the participants to concentrate on political institutions and how they can strengthen the centre-state relationship, security, human rights, good governance, economic future, restore public confidence and 'what institutional arrangements can bring people from both sides of the Line of Control closer to each other'.

I fail to understand the point of whole exercise, does Manmohan really thinks that terrorist are commiting heinous crimes for sake of things like this. Terrorism in J&K is not about stagnation, it is about propaganda and indoctrination.

He regretted that some elements did not want the state to progress. "There are some elements within the state who do not wish this dream to become a reality," he said.

In my opinion statements of Indian government when it comes to J&K fall under two categories, stating the obvious or exhibition of cluelessness.

Above is a good example of first category.

Such acts, Dr Singh said, strengthen the government's resolve to ensure that 'every resident of Jammu and Kashmir is protected from such terrorist acts and atrocities. The government is prepared to take every step towards achieving that'.

I think it is most unfortunate that political rhetoric is not enforceable as a contractual obligation
this will make politicians before they make promises which are so obviously unsincere and fake that they are an affront to audience.

The worst was to come however

However, the prime minister also cautioned that there would be zero tolerance in respect to custodial deaths. He asked the security forces to be humane in their approach but remain firmly in control of the situation

I do not condone human right violations. I have no objection if prime minster is concerned about atrocities perpetrated by any branch of state. However I do object to abject apppeasement of Hurriyat (who are nothing but low level scums hands in glove with terrorists) and in the process
legitimizing Pakistani propaganda of excesses commited by Indian Army.
(About which Nitin writes here)

And here I come to the point. Whatever Indian government may do, terrorism in J&K is not going to stop. This is because it is not about self-determination, or unemployment or persecution.

Kashmiri terrorism is purely a tool in hands of Pakistan to harm India. Since Pakistan can not win a direct confrontation, she has sought to defeat us by inciting local population through malicious and fraudelent but highly effective propaganda.

Indian state has failed not only to neutralize the threat of terrorism, it infact has failed miserably in face of hostile propaganda. So much so that not only J&K but even in rest of India there is a belief that accession of J&K to India was controversial and India is on a weaker grounds.

The solution to terrorism is to make Pakistan realize that there is a price, a very steep price to pay for terrorizing Indians. This doesn't mean "an eye for an eye", not at all. This instead calls for "two eyes for even making a move to harm a single eyelash". Paskitan doesn't understand language of diplomacy, she however understand language of raw violence and that is the language India has to speak now. I will prefer to see dead bodies of Pakistanis than dead bodies of Indians, if it sounds crude and inhuman so be it.

But this is not a very effective solution because it acts after the malaise has set.A better solution is to nip the problem in bud.

To reiterate what I said in my previous posts.

The discotent of Kasmiri youth was manufactured by Pakistan in 1980's flush with American funds for mujahideen and the willing accomplice were rabid clergy which used mosques and madrassas to stoke fires. First casuality of this were Kashmiri pundits who had to flee valley (the other options being to convert or to die), at that none beloning to the secular industry (after all in this country Hindus are expendable). It was not until 2 years later when terrorism started kidnapping and killing that Indian government woke up from sleep (which was deeper than that of KumbhaKaran).

A long term solution of Kashmir involves (but is not limited to) greater integration which is only possible by getting rid of Article 370.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »