The Oppression Begins
[Update. On second thoughts, I think it is high time that all the oppressors come out with their tales of cruelty. Hence this post desrves to be permanently displayed.
Owner of this blog who is a sick man and lots of time will like to share your sordid saga, do share. Either by writing in comments or just leaving a link to your gruesome and inhumane acts ]
Owner of this blog who is a sick man and lots of time will like to share your sordid saga, do share. Either by writing in comments or just leaving a link to your gruesome and inhumane acts ]
For ref this post by confused
I have realized that as Hindi speaking, upper caste, middle class, male Hindu (hence forth knowns as HUM),I am in an unenviable position
Any way I define my identity I belong to a group which has always oppressed others, therefore by a rather strange quirk of circumstances I belong to select class of oppressors.
In the bygone days, when I was young I used to pray (to God) to grant me atleast one identity where I too could claim victimhood and pour scorn on the oppressors.
Alas that was not to be and I am living the horrible life of a disgusting suppressor.
To add to my inherited vileness, I am now also a capitalist and "rightist" (an euphemism for being an unabashed shill of BJP).
It was not until much later that I realized that God had a plan for me. That plan was to make me a master oppressor. Since I am very slow in comprehending obvious (or for that matter not so obvious) , the realization dawned pretty late in the day. But once having realized my destiny I have decided that not only I will oppress, I will make up for the time that I lost.
So here is first (in many) act of oppression.
I proudly admit that I frequently eat outside, thus depriving treatment to poor children suffering from life threatening illness. I must say that this act of vile oppression makes my (veg)biryani delicious.
I have realized that as Hindi speaking, upper caste, middle class, male Hindu (hence forth knowns as HUM),I am in an unenviable position
Any way I define my identity I belong to a group which has always oppressed others, therefore by a rather strange quirk of circumstances I belong to select class of oppressors.
In the bygone days, when I was young I used to pray (to God) to grant me atleast one identity where I too could claim victimhood and pour scorn on the oppressors.
Alas that was not to be and I am living the horrible life of a disgusting suppressor.
To add to my inherited vileness, I am now also a capitalist and "rightist" (an euphemism for being an unabashed shill of BJP).
It was not until much later that I realized that God had a plan for me. That plan was to make me a master oppressor. Since I am very slow in comprehending obvious (or for that matter not so obvious) , the realization dawned pretty late in the day. But once having realized my destiny I have decided that not only I will oppress, I will make up for the time that I lost.
So here is first (in many) act of oppression.
I proudly admit that I frequently eat outside, thus depriving treatment to poor children suffering from life threatening illness. I must say that this act of vile oppression makes my (veg)biryani delicious.

6 comments:
Alas that was not to be
So was the South Paw thing not for real? I am a more aristocratic oppresor :-))
Frog,
It is, unfortunately none of bleeding heart liberals have recognized being left handed as a minority community so I am kind of stuck.
Anyway it is fun being oppressor :-)
Regards
Lolz!
Just brilliant, but sadly just veg Biryani. :)
Confused,
What to do being a vegetarian oppressor has its limitations
Regards
I think you were correct about emoticons and oppressions. Look at the smileys we have used above :-))
Frog,
LOL :-)
Smiley are most potent weapon for oppression
Regards
Post a Comment