A view of world in inverted position
I love my city, absolutely. What I like most about my city are the buses. You see, the buses are painted with green color, which one has to admit, unless one is a philistine, is a most fetching color.
However I am depressed nowadays, I strongly believe that green buses are a cultural high point of my city. It turns out that some people think otherwise, they happen to believe, that it is red which is the essence of aesthetic taste. Worse they happen to be in majority and now they are going to repaint the buses, in Red!
I do not feel right about this. Since I am a minority, and since I can not have my way, this must be a violation of my "rights". Infact come to think of it, I feel grossly violated.
It is incumbent upon society to redress this grievance, and this can only be done by repainting the buses to green, if “right” of minorities are only granted by “screwing” majority of their “rights”, I think it is only proper, “justice” demands this.
Oh Nitin, what have thou done ! I no longer believe in essential goodness of mankind, or that there is one gorgeous female, who has absolutely no taste and is filthy stinking rich, is waiting for me.
PS. I blame I.S.I

5 comments:
I'm sorry to disappoint you my friend.
What I'm looking for is efficient, safe and comfortable bus service. If the management of the (publicly owned and operated) bus company passes off a change of colour as somehow making passengers proud of the buses travel in, then I'm sure you'll agree that there's a problem. I thought this point was a given.
The next question is why do we allow bus companies to get away with such confidence tricks. My argument is that Indians are only too willing to allow rights to be violated if such violations are packaged as the "wishes of the "majority". That allows any number of politicians to use appeals to "majority will" to ride to and remain in power without having deliver on governance and development.
Gaurav,
You are letting your ''agenda'' get the better of you. :P
Nitin,
I agree with the first point.
However I fail to understand why deceiving public (by substituting efficiency with a paint job ) is a violation of your rights as a minority (to see bus in green colour). Is the above decision populist yes, dishonest totally, but how it violates your rights.
Infact I fail to understand why being a minority gives someone veto on common property.
Tomorrow if they wish they can change the name of Banglore to DrRajkumarPuram and it will be stupid as hell, but even then it will not be violation of your rights.
Confused,
What "agenda" exactly ?
I concede I may be wrong (as I have been frequently), but I don't have ulterior motive.
Regards
Dude,
I was kidding. Where is your sense of humor?
Confused,
Humor gaya tel lene.
Not only I write lame posts, I am, also utterly devoid of humour :-)
Regards
Post a Comment