Can someone really be this idiot !
'The Dalit movement is much more intense and dangerous now'
Do these idiots realize by encouraging and justifying such kind of thuggery,they are just ensuring blow back.The burning of the Deccan Queen which shuttles between Pune and Mumbai has shaken many so-called upper caste Hindus. The Deccan Queen,a favourite of hundreds of daily commuters to Mumbai, was stopped by Dalit protestors on the outskirts of Mumbai. Commuters were asked to get off the train and an angry mob set the train on fire. Arjun Dangle, distinguished Dalit poet and one of the founder members of the Dalit Panthers in Maharashtra,told rediff.com,"For many decades the Deccan Queen was the symbol of Pune, seat of the Peshwa Brahminical rule. There is a meaning behind the burning of train."

8 comments:
I support everyone's rght to express his/her opinions, especially in the times of knowledge economy, but would not encourage the kind of protest they resorted to. The intensity can be maintained but not the type of outlets...
..look at the numbers, between 2003 and 2005, 69,216 cases of rapes, arson, atrocities and other such crimes against Dalits have been recorded in India but it rarely becomes the headline news....dnot you think their voices have all the right to be heard? the nonchalance and snailish reaction maintained by the rulers/law makers/law managers and the media for Khairlanji incident is unforgivable a crime, Gaurav.
How can one be so biased against deprived classes in modern times? yes,sustenance of agitation and violence is meaningless, the movement should enter the phase of talks, which lends some direction to the issue and arrival at justice for the victims, which in turn would serve as the proven case study for future. It's the time for one right kind of movement and one compelling moment of justice....
Jyo,
I concede all you points
1. Do you think it is possible to cover each of the cases.
2. Even if all cases are reported, do you think mere reporting will ensure the justice.
3. Don't you think that after 6 decades in which politician and intellectual of every hue has used Dalits to gain power and pelf if there are still crimes then it is a indictment against those Dalit politicans and intellectuals
4. The massacare occured more than one month ago, at that point of time not a single so called Dalit intellectual came forward, the reason was the perperator of crimes were OBC. These people are not intereseted in justice these people want to foment hatred against upper castes.
5. The present agitation has nothing to do with massacre it was provoked by RPI in order to gain political mileage. How is this any different from Shiv Sena
6. Dont you think there is something seriously wrong when one justifies burning of train, because it is a symbol of Brahminnical dominance. Don you think it is absrud and the reason they say things like this is the deep rooted hatred against all brahmins
Regards
I think the only way to prevent the polarization generated by dalit "intellectual" and marxist propaganda from becoming irreversible is for several educated people to go down to villages and do sEva, as regularly as possible. Seems hard, but is there any other way out? Is there any other way to prevent young dalits from being brainwashed by dalit intellectual propaganda?
By the way are you sure dalit intellectuals hadn't voiced their opposition back then?
Gaurav..
thank you for appreciating my POV..
now lemme slice your points..am impressed by that linear, focussed approach..
1.well, i expect, the system to revive n cover each of the cases..sure, this may sound bizzarish,strange and idiotic to you, but I simply implore them to do their job.when we regular mortal beings/commoners in the street obediently go to our work, finish our tasks well within the deadlines, why cant the empowered law makers & law managers do the same?
I just need one strong case,a path-breaking justice for it...what happened to "power lust" Soren yesterday...this kind would silence skeptical maniacs like me and lend a glimmer hope to many a case which forgot to breathe.they would come alive.those victims find their lost voice and society supports them...the perpetrators of crime & disorder, so far, enjoyed sun-drenched field day, now they would think twice..I need not tell you, but this is the power of a well informed society, the moment more n more people are aware of injustice n how the righteous system shunned it...it moves like a wild fire..I need that trigger.we need that trigger.the pieces would fall in place!we would regain the lost confidence
2. Mere reporting...to ensure the justice...may be am too optimistic, but the point 1 I mulled over would take care of this. It's not just reporting, but the intensity of it, the individual now has many more channels (media, I meant, nt TV channels) to express his/her situation to...it's like 360 degree approach.those who received the report, let's not deny it, they are also gettin sensitized.if they dnot respond, they pretty much aware of the implications
3. Better Late Than Never.
more people now agree with me than ever before trend is catching up...this point of ur, honestly, caught me in twirls*huh, u distorted my identity.I may cme back to this point.
4.I disagree with you here. sure it's a delayed response from D* (Oh I hate, I loathe this word.)the link u have given us clearly said there was silent protests, there has been a conscious wave of protest..the media has to be blamed for not disseminating the atrocity. It didnt invite the society to debate on this. where is the f*supprt for the deprived? let's not brush it away as "lack of interest in justice"..a wrong conclusion by an intelligent man like you...lack of support, lack of the "push factor"..even if I force self to agree with you, fair enough, the reaction, the revolt started...there's a beginning.now let's get into the traps of OBCs etc..now we know who is the culprit, the society is made to look at things in a different way..exploiting sub-class, the victimised sub-class.saliency suddenly emerges.no, u r not happy with my ..may come back to this too!
5. again, we are looking at the issue with our eyes veiled with our perceptions..u could be right, still,the atrocity at K would serve as the lynchpin that allows one to measure the effectiveness of system...if the so called political body took this as a support to regain a much fortified ground,I appreciate that, cause it started with an "objective driven for a cause"
6. Unfortunate development. But instead of torching a dumb effigy, they have chosen the sparkle. it unfortunately became the device, a physical manifestation of deep-rooted anger and frustration
NO,move to the other side of the fence and now feel n experience how D* wuld have felt when the society around them successfully launched and sustained "discrimination" the kind of crimes, disorder in their lives for years, u would feel deep rooted anger n frustration seething with no outlet....I rest!
I reiterate, one movement is enough for the lazy system to get jolted out of its slumber, stupor, one bloody in the Shin to move it out of its inertia...but I stand firm against the sustenance of it. Fight but also behave. Fight, learn about self and reclaim ur rights in a positive rendition.
Rgds
Jyo
huh, u distorted my identity!
Frog,
Yes I think reform as went in 19th century and early 20th century is the way to go.
Jyo,
I dont disagree with what you are saying. What I am saying is these acts of violence have less to do with public anger than a cynical ploy by politicians.
Also I also want the culprit to be punished, but I dont think that just conviction in one case will make much of a difference.
To paraphrase bard there is something rotten in state of India, and it goes much deeper than a single case.
Regards
umm..true Gaurav
acts of vandalism (unnecessary) infuriate people who in turn would seek response from the systems....
now that media is kicking alive post a brief slumber, hopefully would question the so seething
cynical ploy by politicians....
VICTORY comes late,
And is held low to freezing lips
Too rapt with frost
To take it.
How sweet it would have tasted,
Just a drop!
Was God so economical?
His table’s spread too high for us
Unless we dine on tip-toe.
Crumbs fit such little mouths,
Cherries suit robins;
The eagle’s golden breakfast
Strangles them...
Jyo,
Your verse keeps getting better and better
nooooooooo Gaurav
that thought is from my all time favourite legend Emily D
I forgot to put her name along with the brilliant poem, which I usually do...need to take some more births to reach her intelligence....
.....midgety Jyo
Post a Comment