Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Die Potter Die

Enough is enough ! I really had it. What exactly is the deal with Potter being hero anyway ? Admit it, he is a blemish to glorious institution of boyhood. He can not incant a decent spell, he is non decrepit in studies, and he can not even defend himself, always rescued either by insufferable Hermione or stupid Ron. What is one to do with such a weak, emaciated hero protected by "tender love of his dear departed mother", sulking from one angst to another. This fetish for mediocrity, to make heroes of undeserving is the most abiding past time of our age.
We are no pioneers, rather safely ensconced in mind numbing comfort of society, we have shrivelled to a shadow of our former self, becoming weaklings in spirit if not matter.
If superman embodied the spirit of earlier age, now it is the horrid metro sexuality which is at display in all its ignoble infamy.

And please don't get me started on the literary merit. It would have been understandable if the
work was unqualified manure. But it is not, and there in lies the true tragedy, that of unfulfilled potential. J. K. Rowling did show promise in first two novels, but after that popularity got her, and the rest of books are a painful exercise in advancing the stories and keeping the readers guessing. Result is a tangled web of plot lines, and not much of content. Of course the books are popular, feeding on the media generated hype and frenzy, which is as good as merit nowadays.

(If the post makes no sense, don't worry, it doesn't make any sense to me either)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dudey,

it will take you 100 lives to equal rowling and maybe even ten you will remain an insignificant and unknown coder, trying his best to scribble a few words. SSo hut your trap, and dont shit. The stench is unbearable.

Anonymous said...

umm...
we transients, we deadbeats:we blunder about
with our big feet ad our elbows, our pants and our suitcases, from railroads and gangplanks and jets we debark....poor devils
G,
we are wrinkled souls in ironed clothing, and the same thirsty skin underneath...I need a broom now!~~~a cocooned J

doubtinggaurav said...

Anon,

I admit even if I try for 100 lives I can not write something as horrid as Harry Potter.

J,

Broom, do you have a nimbus 2000 ;-)

Anonymous said...

G,
someone stole my nimbus 2000...can I borrow your N2000 during our rendezvous in the chamber of Secrets!....I know, you are reluctant to both...haha!~~J

doubtinggaurav said...

J,

No no sistah, you aint getting any nimbus from me.

I will rather eat horned toads then part with my darling.

*Hides broom in the closet* :-)