Saturday, December 16, 2006

It is a massacre

South Africa all out for 84

Yes, I know I have said that watching or playing cricket is treason, sue me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... it shall not endure; nay, it shall soon pass away, unless thou holdest fast by this initial euphoria...

now I flee -J

doubtinggaurav said...

India is alreadt four wickets down in the second innnings, congratulations

Anonymous said...

ouch!
the fragile glimpse of glory
led innocent hearts in such
fervent a pitch where dreams
of many hues are fulfilled...

keep this momentum..now me going back to Turgenev! will come back soon to stare at the scoreboard

Gaurav said...

And why is watching cricket treason? Give me the link to the post where you said so.

By the way, a lead of 311 with 5 wickets to go is still a good situation. I doubt if they'll be able to chase such a tough score (already higher than any chase in SA) on such a treacherous pitch.

doubtinggaurav said...

J,

You are reciting poetry when India is getting whipped, who are you, daughter of Nero :-)

Sabnis,

Hmm, seems I never said it, well I say it now.

Cricket is treason because,

1. Loss of productive man hours.

2. National KLPD when the team loses (which is too often)

3. For my life I can not retain any statistics

Anonymous said...

G
well, am not Claudia. n also not staunch a supporter of monstrous dissipation of *folding wherewithal* and emotions on MEN IN BLUE who most times seem to nurture fixation for many a hue of blues and through their dismaying n dismal performance and obstinate sustenance of their march for retreat!
J

doubtinggaurav said...

J,

You are certainly no godiva :-)
Don't you know cricket is the opiate of the masses

Anonymous said...

umm...
just now
that lone cricket chirped
frail little body drenched
with beads of sweat?
or inebriated mildly with Champagne?
But I still insist
sustain the moment...hush!

doubtinggaurav said...

J,

It is a hopper not a cricket and it is stoned not drunk :-)