Yudhisthira
At last he also started slipping and stumbling. Then he, who had never spoken untruth or supported injustice, in his kingdom and exile, who was praised both by his friends and foes , that exalted one lamented, "But I have been righteous and strict in observance of my Dharma, then why the fall ?". Hearing that the mongrel, who was actually DharmaRaj, that divine judge of man, replied, "your borthers and wives had to fall because of their sins, but you fall because of your virtue, for how can a God who himself is an illusion and deception survive in presence of truth".
As he fell in the abyss, it began makng sense to him.

9 comments:
Which version is this from? Is this a new "Gauravian" mahAbhArata? And didn't quite get what you meant. Did you mean to use God with a small letter "g"?
Frog,
Yes and Yes :-)
By the way there was nothing original about it.
Have you read oscar wilde's prose in verse collection, it is quite interesting.
Regards
Good interpretation ... But if you had read MT's 'Randaam Oozham' - meaning Second Chance ( Malayalam ) which tells Mahabharata from Bhima's point of view, you might have posted on Bhima instead of the incorrigible gambler :P
"your brothers and wives*"....umm!
carrying a virtuous man is such a mentally-taxing activity!
Sachin,
Among my many failing, not knowing malayalam is the biggest :-)
Jyo,
ah, did you forget Ezekeil 25:17
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me ....."
Gaurav,
Cant blame you then :P ... If its any comfort I havent read it either, inspite of knowing Malayalam ;) ... Might even have been transalated ...got a Sahithya Akademi Award.
Speaking of malayALam this actually reminds me of the small mallu stories I often see - they are all so small like this and I never understand any of them. gaurav : only a handful of mallu works would be, if at all, worth reading.
@froginthewell - Not sure what/whose work you are talking about here. There are short stories by Basheer , MT etc which are really superb. First to admit I have not read too many , but really your categorising of all Malayalam stories as 'not worth reading' just because you fail to understand them is staggering. Could it have anything to do with your user name? Just a suggestion :P
Sachin,
Yes one day I will read them all, I promise :-P
Frog,
Well is this criticism of malayalam stories or my post . If it is mine, then I suck and you very well know it :-)
Sachin,
I think Frog's name is ironical, a sort of inside joke
Post a Comment