Friday, October 12, 2007

Dear Gujratis

I like you. I applaud your perseverance. I admire your entrepreneur skill, coupled with the fact that unlike Punjabis (otherwise fine people), you manage to remain down to earth even if filthy rich. I am fond of Dhokla and Shrikhand and Gujrati Bens. My lifetime ambition is to have a Gujrati Sasur. I hope you get the picture.

However I must ask you.

Why for heaven's sake you have to put sugar in Daal. This is sheer affront and sacrilege to gastronomical delight of Daal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now it may very well be that your lifetime ambition is have Gujarati sasur, but I dont see you going far with the way you spell GUJARATI.

doubtinggaurav said...

solo,

I was just kidding. No offense was intended.

Ritwik said...

plus...u should undersyand hat merely having a gujarati sasur doesn't guarantee a gujarati wife.

unless of course you swing the other way. but even in that case, it's not a surety.

Sakshi said...

Shrikhand? Gujrati?
Tsk tsk.
Marathi manus will be sad at this decree.

doubtinggaurav said...

Oh no Dear Ritwik you are not going to pull my shtick over me, Since marriage at present is defined as a legal and social contract between male and female, and since I happen to be very much male, hence there is no reverse swing, only good old seam.
Now go and stand in corner, before I change my mind and hand out even more severe punishment
And care to explain why having a Gujarati sasur doesn't guarantee a Gujarati wife.

Sakshi,

Well I assume Marathi womanus have no problem with this.