Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's a pathetic life

Ok I succumb to temptation, apparently there is something called momblogging which right now is (or rather was) at center of much opprobrium *. My views follow.

1. Momblogging is pathetic. Now I have yet to read any of the mombloggers, but the very fact that there are people who blog about their child on a regular basis is pretty sad. I mean, one is horrified at the very prospect of venturing. The posts must go something like "my precious was happy/sick/vaguely annoying". Really people should have a hobby.

2. However momblogging is just a particularly sad instance of personal blogging. Rare exception aside personal blogging invariably descend to describing trite details about monotonous lives of unremarkable people in tedious prose, either that or it is maddeningly annoying reminisces about first kiss/makeout/whatever. It is natural progression for people who were pming girls for asl as hotstud4u a decade back on rediff chat. Really people should have a hobby.

3. But even personal blogging is just a reflection of blogging as a preserve of mostly losers. All said and done, while there are few good topical blogs (and they are all on my blogroll) the vast majority of them is an exercise in narcissism. Which is why the staple diet of blogs is fisking, rant, rinse, and repeat. Frankly all this self pleasure becomes after the hundredth why "Rajdeep Sardesai is a stooge" post. Really I should have a hobby.

*Seriously how could someone have 2x3x7 as blog address. It is stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night my friend wore a calvin klien suit to the company party. The thing about CK suits is that while they fit well, they dont look pricey enough. That they are cheap is a different matter altogether. I mean who would wear a 2000$ suit? It simply was out of place. Poor chap. They served Chivas Regal whisky at the party. Its been a long while since I had it last. That is also cheap. I only drink "one of a kind" wines and malts these days.

Yay!!!! I can start personal blogging. Didnt know it would be so easy.

Sakshi said...

Gaurav ji
As you know we take your opinion seriously. Apropos (just wanted to use that word once in my life), I have given up blogging and started stamp collection.
Already my life is more enriched.
Thank you :)

doubtinggaurav said...

Dear Sriram,

Forget blog you can write a novel, with that kind of material.

Sakshiji

Stamp collection. OMG, THE THRILL, THE RUSH, THE DARE ! Anyway dont forget to wear helmet while collecting stamps. Safety first.