Saturday, January 26, 2008

National Security

Fellow citizens

We are proud of our defense forces, justifiably so. Our brave soldiers have defended sovereignty of this nation with a degree of courage and self sacrifice rare in this age. However, with the advent of new technology, has rendered an army of professional soldier engaged in conventional combat obsolete. Instead we should our professional journalists to defend our borders. Led by Amit Varma and his friend Mr 'X' from magazine 'Y', no threat or danger to security of Indian can hope to survive them. I say it without exaggeration that the volume of cliche ridden, self stoking writing that Indian journalism seems to generate can suck the will to live just as sucks the air from the atmosphere.

My dear friends, you can sleep, secure in the knowledge that our journalists are putting their lives on the line for you and your family. And they are patriotic unlike soldiers who are "paid" to be patriotic.

PS. Just what kind of patriot doesn't love his country. Either there is some nuance which I am missing, or more likely, Amit Varma is changing his message according to target. For others it will be called lying, but for him it is class.

PPS. Frogji, I hope this answers your question.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't read any of those people at DP, and wouldn't like to either. But when someone makes a ( or quote someone else's ) statement like "You can take a person out of India but not India out of the person" - I wouldn't expect that person to fare any better than Amit does on this count either. Or someone who, in a blog supposed to just summarize "the best of the Indian blogosphere" writes the kind of things Patrix has written. Of course this isn't a proof, but I have no inclination to investigate whether there is a proof. In the interest of my own sanity.