Late night dispatch
Reg. The Dark Knight
1. I liked it.
2. Having said that, it could have been shorter.
3. And what's this obsession with two villains. Why can't they stick to a single one. There was no time to savour Two face, a villain as fascinating as Joker.
4. I have always believed that Batman should be noir. While those helmed by Tim Burton were dark, noir element was weak. This movie manages to introduce noir and handle it.
5. I believe it has been suggested by smart pants that Batman is merely a prop, to highlight, more interesting, antagonists. They are certainly right.
6. Christian Bale is good as Batman, but movie belongs to Heath Ledger. As Joker he is menacing. He is a serious contender for Oscar. But I have a soft corner for the way Jack Nicholson infused sheer mania in the character.
7. Question. Who is your favourite villain ?
