A rambling post
Not that I think anyone missed me but in case I was missed, I am back (or to be more accurate will try to post).Any way the reasons for my absence were
1. Trying to study. Alas, as I found to my chagrin, I have lost any capacity to concentrate and study, which means I am pretty much a dead end here. Plus I really hate sentence correction. I hate English.
2. A matter which some of you might be aware of.
3. I was bored and dismayed with my continuing insignificance. Why do you people hate me so much.
Now that I am back, let me direct you to liberal fascism blog authored by Jonah Goldberg and concerned with subject matter of his bestselling book. Although I am not sure I agree with the premise (though I confess I am not that much knowledgeable about American history or politics), the discussions on the blog are highly thought provoking, the most recent example being discussion on Locke, Burke and Rousseau.
Since some time I have wondered about the relation between classical liberalism and libertarianism (both of them being very broad terms). The discussion on Locke and Burke makes me think that libertarianism with its strong individualistic streak is more a descendant of Locke (and possibly Hume) than Burke or Smith.
H.E. and "induhvidiualists" like him of course belong to the category of narcissist urbanites with convent education and maturity level stuck at adolescence.
After that please condemn jingoists at DP for not condemning failure of some brown organization to include various terrorist groups in its warm South Asian embrace. I am sure the Jihadis must be traumatized by this discrimination.
While we are talking about DP, pray what exactly is rude in asking about someone's mother or whatever. Is it Indian's problem that these firangees are so messed up. Seriously these self-loathing types are really irksome.
Talking of irksome, it really galls me to see Prasannaji, otherwise exceedingly smart individual, make this common error of mistaking secularism as a virtue in itself. As I have mentioned it earlier, I have no patience with "Secularism is virtue" creed. In fact, I will argue, in manner of Jonah Goldberg (but IMO correctly in Indian context), that this charade of Indian secularism is more correctly understood as secular fascism. I am toying with this idea for a long time. If any of the fellow Hindu fascist want to expand upon this premise, he (or she, as we have recruited a female in our dreaded Hindutva Vadi brigade) is most welcome.
If this is not enough, Prasannaji disappoint me further by becoming a fan of that estimable idiot Richard Dawkins. Why, Prasaannaji, why ! What's wrong with you !
Moving on to other topics, Rohit says, "In my mind, there can only be one justification for abortion ( excluding medical necessity and rape): Women’s primacy over her own body."
Err, what about the baby. To repeat what I said in earlier post, it is not clear (at least to me) when do we consider that the fetus is alive and hence possesses rights. It is a fuzzy decision, so what ? Life is inherently fuzzy. Engineers know this.
Finally, google reader has a nifty widget whereby I can display my shared items. I hope you must have noticed. My question is there a way by which I can simultaneously share an item and blog about it. Blogger does have a "blog this" feature my problem is that is not lightweight like that of reader.
