Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Post on misc.

In case some of you were wondering, I am still very much alive. The hiatus is due to a combination of falling sick, deadline and vacations. Anyhow few points in no particular order.

1. This is disappointing. Ritwik returns after a long long time, to blog about eminent douche bag ! I mean what is wrong with him. For one I was expecting that he will comment on the ongoing financial meltdown. Instead this is what he writes about. Sad, even considering that he is in all probability jobless, but since we all are going to be jobless anyway, the least he can do is to enlighten the ignorant.

2. On this post , I agree and disagree. Agree in that while lawyers do have a right to refuse to take up a case, it should be done by the individual lawyers considering the merit of case and not adopted by bar association as a general rule for any particular category of cases. Every accused deserve a fair chance of representation for the judiciary to function and for preventing state from harassing citizens.

However I strongly disagree with Rohit when he says that Indian judiciary is fair. It is not within any sensible definition. Now it is true judge are by and large impartial, but long procedural delays and loopholes for all practical purposes deny any fairness to citizen. I believe that how the citizens view any organ of state is a good measure of its success. Well, I don't think that anyone will really object if I say that Indian judiciary doesn't inspire any confidence as a deliverer of justice. People will do anything to avoid going to court. It is easy to feel complacent about existence of institutions, however Indian judiciary has failed in fairness by the most important measure namely delivery.

blog comments powered by Disqus