Age of Aquarius Obama
Since the elections are over, I can finally write about them and will write, shortly. Meanwhile, I feel sad for McCain. Although he is more accurately described as a traditionalist, reminiscent of patrician class belonging to Greco-Roman culture or Military class of 19th century Prussia, and not a proper 'American' Conservative, still as I familiarized myself with the election I came to appreciate his virtues of patriotism, integrity and of honour, even if it meant that he actions were confused and muddled at times. All in all he seemed liked one belonging to a different, far more gracious, age (As Peggy Noonan put it). He did pander of course but he was not a cultural warrior, or even though he had all the reason for, someone who yearned to fight Vietnam again and again.
Sadly that age is over now.
All hail the Messiah.
Update: I am less optimistic about Obama presidency than Rohit. For some reasons Obama gets called pragmatic a lot, I am not sure why. As far as his record is concerned, he has always been solidly liberal. So to believe that he will temper his liberal instinct, that too when he is fortunate enough to be gifted with a democratic majority in both the house as well as Senate, is hard to digest. Of course my first impression of him is the one I will still stick with, he is Nehru with a tan.
