Friday, December 19, 2008

Exploiting the tragedy

Most probably GB didn't mean it this way, but the introduction to his review of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is in incredibly bad taste. Now I am not taking away the right of atheists (who infest the blogosphere) to mock or ridicule God. Nor I do object to anyone criticizing any Shahrukh Khan starrer (though for the record, I found the movie paisa wasool, but then I don't exactly watch movie for layers of existential angst). Having said that it is very petty and unbecoming for using victims of Mumbai terror attacks as prop for flogging your pet peeve against "Big Guy in the sky", or against Yash Chopra. If someone finds faith and mush intolerable, then fine whatever, but please don't exploit tragedy to launch your contempt and disdain. There is something called perspective and simple decency, you know.

blog comments powered by Disqus