Comparing Modis and Tytlers
I don't bother to defend Modi mostly because I think Gujarat riot in 2002 was failure on Modi's part to properly discharge his dharma. However I am kind of non plussed by the comparison between Tytler/Sajjan Kumar and Modi. The comparison would hold true if Modi was instigating the mob to kill Muslims (something which Tytler and Sajjan Kumar are accused of ). But there is no such accusation. In fact there is not even a credible accusation, contrary to Media outrage, that Modi was somehow complicit in felicitating riots.
Which makes any comparison between Tytler and Modi ridiculous to say the least.
If one wishes to make a meaning comparison then the right person to compare would be Rajiv Gandhi. Rajiv Gandhi failed to prevent Anti-Sikh pogrom in the heart of capital, though he had all the tools at ready disposal and he was in full command of government. Therefore Narendra Modi is as guilty as Rajiv Gandhi.
Of course this comparison is uncomfortable for our cosmopolitan flotsam.
