Fallout
Frankly speaking I have no idea why Shri Advani will wish to retire at this juncture, I believe he must be at the helm to oversee the transition and to put his foot down on any outbreak of infighting. His leaving at this juncture will just give rise to the inevitable drama just prolonging BJP's serious malaise. Unfortunately he has not exactly shown himself to be man of steel letting his emotions prevail over good judgment
Anyway I am pessimistic about what this means for future of India. Of course, I do realize many beautiful people are eagerly claiming that with a stable government with the great economist Manmohan Singh at helm Congress can focus on reforms.
Which is of course a reason for me to suspect that such worthies have been smoking something really powerful during five years. Even conceding for the left veto, it was always clear as day that Congress never took even half hearted initiative to implement any kind of reforms.
The reason is simple, Sonia Gandhi decided that only way to secure future of dynasty is by to tread the path of her Sasu Maa,which leads to state controlling all aspects of economy and freedom, and ultimately to the ruin of country. Aiding in the agenda of dynasty self aggrandizing was the disgrace known as Manmohan Singh who put his loyalty for the family and his bureaucratic over India.
Sonia Gandhi was convinced that 2004 was a rejection of reforms initiated by P.V. Narasimha Rao that great heretic and I am sure she will be convinced that 2009 was endorsement of NREGA, pay commission and loan waiver (and possibly quota in IITs and IIMs )*, so I tentatively predict that we will see more of what are in effect cash for votes scheme.
*In the end let me hazard a guess why Congress won so convincingly. I think most probably it is do with better politics, it is possible thought NREGA and other schemes might have had some effect.
