Thursday, January 28, 2010

Noxious Education

One of the favorite past times of minders and do-gooders on the Internet is to bemoan absence of liberal art in IITs ostensibly because it is lack of liberal education which hinders IITians from developing a more well rounded personality. Instead IITians end up with a very narrow and inadequate perspective (i.e. mere engineers). These lamentations should not be taken seriously, for one those saying it doesn’t know much about engineering (this is true even if they are engineer), Engineering is more than advanced calculus and fluid dynamics, but more about engineering later. The main reason why these should not be taken seriously is irrespective of merits of liberal arts in theory (And I do believe it has merits), the way liberal art is taught in India is bunk. Liberal education in India is a cesspool of Communist/Socialist propaganda, always hostile to the idea of India. For example, Dr Ashley Tellis of IIT Hyderabad. Dr Ashley Tellis when not busy being apologist for Naxalists, is actively jockeying for Indian chapter of NAMBLA. Now I don’t know about free speech and all that, but I see no reason why my hard earned money should used to pay these creeps. Call me (NIUCMCM) North Indian Upper Caste Middle Class Male, but I don’t see what exactly is value creation by LGBT studies or Postcolonial Theory, and the fact that government extorts money from me for these nonsense kind of bothers me.

blog comments powered by Disqus