Thursday, September 09, 2010

Not to toot my own horn but ...

Look guys just admit it already, I am a freaking genius. Here is what I wrote way back in 2007,

 

Islamic fundamentalism is a bigger menace than communist thuggery. It is a tiger which one should not be riding.

 

And in 2008

 

As I pointed out earlier, the rise of Islamic politics in Bengal portends ill for the future. The increasing population pressure in Bangladesh has altered demographics in the border districts of Bengal and Assam to a alarming degree. This is a security threat in its own right as pointed out numerous times by Arun Shourie, and when combined with the kind of politics Nandigram signals, a potent recipe for disaster.

 

 

Things are turning out exactly as I feared it would. It is a good read, even though it has the usual “I am a pox-on-both-the-houses independent thinker” greatbongish disclaimer.

 

The bad news is things are going to get worse, the good news is we don’t really care.

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus