Thursday, November 17, 2005

SAARC Fiasco

Nitin in a recent post on SAARC questioned the rationale behind SAARC, considering this is just yet another forum for Pakistan to bring bilateral issues with India on table and highlighted the ongoing intrigue to bring China as observer in order to counter Indian influence, opining that it is a bad news to India.

Well it has happened !

Arghhhhh! Now excuse me while I smash to bits everything in my office in a fit of rage.

Along with China, Japan has also been conferred Observer status.

I am sure our mandarins will think of this as neutralising China.

Err... , even if we ignore (and I dont see how !) China's ruthless and shwred policy manoeuvres, gentleman it's china who is neighbour and more hence capable of playing mischief (which it will sooner or later). I just dont see how Japan can neutralise China !

As they say in Yankeeland, Here goes the neighbourhood !

0 comments: