About eastern neighbour
Via rediff,
Bangladesh: Next terror frontier?.
Since I completed (recently) Arun Shourie's latest book, outlining India's short and long term security challenges and Indian indifference to it, I have been feeling very gloomy about this.
In the last two 0r three years while political establishment has admitted issues with Bangladesh , it has still not formulated an effective strategy to counter it , chiefly due to lack of will power and unwillingness to force the issue. I am afraid that in view of changing demographics of border districts, in Bengal and Assam, we may witness unrest inorder to form
"Greater Bangladesh"
Inspite of popular opinion, I have always been less than sanguine about Bangladesh, in that light I went to this post (via Desipundit) written by a Bangladeshi blogger. The blogger had polled fellow Bangladeshis about India's role in Bangladesh's freedom.
The reactions , by and large ,were
a) India helped , but Bengalis were themselves capable of it.
b) India helped, out of it's self interest , so it doesn't count.
c) India claiming that it liberated Bangladesh just reflects arrogance.
d) India is oppressing Kashmiris, Sikhs and Tamils (!) and therefore can not claim any moral highground.
Considering the ignorance of the educated Bangladeshis, no doubt brain washed by Islamist, is it any surprise the Bangladesh is turning the way it is.
As an aside I was amused to find this comment by supposedly Indian ,
"To Anon: Your attitude is disgusting. It's precisely people like who cannot relate to the South Asian identity and will suck up to the West - and want to be like them. Bangladesh is an important aspect of the South Asian identity - and to anyone who can't see the potential economic and human capital of Bangladesh: I call that shortsightedness."
(Emphasis mine)
It is this absurd stubbornness to grasp the reality and chase the chimera of shared heritage that has made me highly suspicious of anything tagged as liberal/former liberal.

3 comments:
What a great site Online classes pre need funeral cooking projects in school Scrotum length related penis size cooking school in bronx new york Big breasts uncovered List cars with mitsubishi engine cholesterol and castor oil Colorado culinary school cooking schools vacation mexico Check credit free online score http://www.culinary-schools-7.info/schoolscooking.html
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP 1 discount tramadol tramadol Zyban sr discounted health and medical products Commercial espresso coffee makers
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Etodolac percocet Headsets blackberry Decks patios driveways pioneer louisiana pda pocket pc cadillac Unfinished wine cabinet Progressive contact lenses Medical malpractice defense costs high litigation weight loss cholesterol 1929 paris to saigon record airplane flight 1997 dance hits
Post a Comment