AIT or You did not know , So we did it for you.
Via Nizhal
Following are some excerpts from eminent historian Stanley Wolpert
Our knowledge of the earliest history of our linguistic ancestors is derived from over a century of patient reconstruction of their "Urheim" by philologists such as Friedrich Max Muller (1823-1900)
We have no archaeological evidence for the first centuries of India's Aryan age (from about 1500 to 1000 B.C.), but . .
. . . we have been able to piece together some picture of the era from Aryans' religious "Books of Knowledge," or Vedas . . . The Rig Veda itself, however, is unconscious of that journey and of the Aryan "invasion" of India . . .
This would have been amusing but for the unfortunate part that most of educated indians and almost all bloggers will say something like this
if(not_concerned_with_poverty OR concerned_with_hinduism)
{
NOT_MY_BUSINESS(go back to sleep) ;
CALL_COMMUNAL_PROPOGANDA(go back to sleep);
}
There is ofcourse no antidote to indiffenrence and you can not argue with some one who is intereseted is conspiracy theories than debate.

1 comments:
Jaffna,
Could you tell me name of his book.
One of the strognest point for AIT/AMT is presence of Indo-European group.
Unfortunately I don't know any of the "Dravidian - Languages ", so I can not judge the similarity or non-similarity between the two group.
One group of Indic scholars are apparently trying to evolve a proto- language for Sanskrit and Tamil in order to make reverse AMT more probable.
I was always suspicious of AIT and this since when I started studying history, therefore I am wary of my bias against AIT.
I think that somehow India has a timeless quality about it.
Regards
Post a Comment