Nasty about secularism
This is a mean post. It doesn’t kick ass ofcourse, but just has a pungent taste to it.
Anyway recently, J wrote a post about UPA government efforts to create division in Army on religious lines. I have already written about it, I don’t feel anger or sadness, I am simply in a state of denial that even Indian secularists will stoop to such levels.
Even though I am not an expert on Indian politics, this attempt to exploit army for vote bank politics has never been done before.
But point is not that, a certain gentleman (call him P) who is a secularist could come up with a lame “Yes it is bad, but what about RSS?” I am still shaking my head, to best of my knowledge even RSS, as stupid as it is, has never done anything like that.
Even taking into consideration the fact, that I am biased against Congress (in fact any secularist) and biased in favor of BJP, the issue is much grave than indulging in “dodge and distract” tactics.
This is also the reason that I am against secularism, even its best is found to be insignificant.
Luckily UPA has chickened out, but I hope no one is under any delusion that it acted decently; the government could not handle the outrage plain and simple.
But it does not mean that it will not try dirty tricks in future. Most of the times the civilization ends not from outside but from inside. Because of political expediency, because of intellectual feebleness, a general rotten idea , once unleashed it creeps and destroys the system from within, it is like a cancer which is ignored in the beginning and ends up killing the body.
Swapan Dasgupta has written about it and as usual hit the nail on the head.
On related note there was one apt description of Danish cartoon riots, "cartoons were like pin prick, what they did was to puncture the boil".
While cartoons were distasteful, they served a useful purpose by highlighting the rot in Islamic civilization.
People who are looking for roots causes in poverty and Israel will end up as disappointed.
This post relates to this

4 comments:
What a great site
»
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
Very nice site! xanax o 5mg drug for anxiety Best price for bextra The laws and practice of horse racing Lucas county ohio mortgages ford racing license plate frames Oxycontin medication Cheap hispeed isp Bextra discount mexico drug screen for bextra Exchange email spam filtering system http://www.1999-pontiac-grand-am.info/Three-way-cadillac.html http://www.ritalinadhd.info/Bextra-baker.html
What a great site »
Post a Comment