Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I spy...

This is an irrelevant post written just to make some non sensical prediction

Phir Hera Pheri seqeul to blockbuster and laugh riot Hera Pheri is under production.

The story revolves around the three protagonists plus Rajpal Yadav (who presumably are conned by a shyster) and Bipasha Basu

Four suckers and a babe, now where have I heard that ? Why , it is here !

And this is my prediction. Is anyone going to bet ?
Update: Frog, in comments explains that it is actually a remake of malayalam fim "mAnnAr mattAyi speaking", which was sequel of "rAmjirAvu speaking"(on which Hera Pheri was based), I am glad he did not bet.

Categories : ,

4 comments:

froginthewell said...

Hera Pheri was based on the malayALam movie "rAmjirAvu speaking".

Phir Hera Pheri is supposed to be based on its sequel, "mAnnAr mattAyi speaking". priyadarshan has been systematically transforming not-so-recent malayALam films ( made by other malayALam directors ) into hindi, eg. Hulchul on Godfather ( the malayALam one, which once slimes mistook to be the english one ), Hungama ( the malayALam name wouldn't make sense to you ), Garam Masala on the malayALam film "Boeing Boeing" etc. I am reluctant to believe that malayALam films had started copying from other languages that many years ago.

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

I am glad you did not bet :-)

By the way what was the story of "mAnnAr mattAyi".
By the way you are wrong on one count, I believe that Beoing Boeing was "inspired" by a english movie of same name.

Regards

froginthewell said...

Boeing was "inspired" by a english movie of same name.

Actually I now did some google search for mAnnAr mattAyi speaking and arrived here. malayALis are second to none when it comes to "making inspired films".

In "hindsight" that seems to make sense. Because I remember Boeing Boeing seemed way too slapstick for a malayALam movie of that time ( I won't say "way too funny" because there always were very funny - classically funny - Indian movies but the nature is different here ).

I have kind of forgotten the exact story of "mAnnAr mattAyi speaking" but it involved the girl being brought by one of the three to act in a drama, she was projected as his wife, the villain of the first movie ( Hera Pheri ) returns at the end with a suitcase of money above his jeep etc. ( I am describing the specific incidents as I am sure they will be there in the hindi version too ).

Anyway depressing to know there were copied malayALam movies that far back :-((

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

Comeon inspiration is true nature of divine ;-)

Just kidding

Regards