Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not my king!


Since I am on Sangh Parivar, I can not but feel surprise and anger over RSS and VHP support to King Gyanendra.

Let me make it clear, it doesn't matter whether Gyanendra is Hindu or Muslim or Christian, he is incompetent and corrupt. Since he usurped the power, he has subverted democratic process, oppressed citizens of Nepal and by his sheer opportunism let Maoist gain political acceptance.
He and his son have commited a crime against Nepal and do not deserve any support from any one with iota of decency.

There is second point, Singhal and company might have been ignorant about history, but to claim support for a king because he is hindu requires an absolute disregard for intellect.
Hindus do not need king because royalty is so 18th century !

As a Hindu I am perfectly happy with democracy. What is more to appeal to Hinduism for palace intrigues and power politics and thus communalising foreing policy is as bad as support of certain Muslim clerics for Iran.

Even worse by attempting to provide importance to institution of monarchy in Hinudism, these ignoramus not only undo progress that Hindus have made, but also creates unneccessary dogma in Hinduism.
 

4 comments:

froginthewell said...

I certainly don't support Singhal's statement.

But I don't see any statement from any RSS person in that newspaper report. This is typical secular media tactic - quote someone like Singhal or Togadia, and attribute it to other Sangh Parivar organizations too - like RSS. Neither has the newspaper backed up the comment "King Gyanendra seems to be using his RSS and Hindutva connections in India.".

I certainly don't agree with many of sudarshan ji's statements but atleast they are made in a purely democratic manner without any incitement to violence etc. Please refrain from blindly identifying VHP and RSS the way secular media does.

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

Your objection is valid.
Even I could not find any reference through google.
However I do remember VHP making such assertion in media.
Also, in recent times I have observed a tendency of Sangh to go soft on King.
Frankly speaking as a supporter of Sangh I am disappointed with their present leadership and direction
Sangh is capable for accomplishing great tasks and it is the lost opportunities which frustate me.

Regards

froginthewell said...

I have a few friends who believe that the problem with Sangh is their apathy towards intellectualism, i.e., that there is almost no emphasis in Sangh to do hardcore thinking and discussing of problems - that the real sangh workers just keep doing their social service. Of course that is noble but one tends to lose focus etc. I sometimes am inclined to agree with these friends.

doubtinggaurav said...

Frog,

I agree with you and your friends.
Infact the way Sangh has failed to make any stronghold in academics and journalism is a sevre indictment of their lack of imagination

Regards