Sunday, July 30, 2006

It is not personal

When I didn’t know better, I also thought that personal attacks on politicians will wake up our leaders to the menace of terrorism. Now though I have second thoughts about this.
The reason is while feeling of revenge can be a useful handle to trigger desirable responses, even this approach assumes a certain level of spine and an intellect gifted with ability of dispassionate analysis, I am afraid our leaders simply don’t have these requisites (they do however have an almost animal instinct of cunning, which is employed in domestic politics).

In a way there is a symmetry in that, has persistent terrorist attacks woken up Indian public from comfortable numbness of superficial rhetoric ? Evidence suggests not.

2 comments:

Gaurav said...

The reason is while feeling of revenge can be a useful handle to trigger desirable responses, even this approach assumes a certain level of spine and an intellect gifted with ability of dispassionate analysis, I am afraid our leaders simply don’t have these requisites

Good point

doubtinggaurav said...

Sabnis,

I think it is a pretty sad commentory on Indian polity.

Regards