Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Enlightenment, simplified

Dear Readers Reader,

I assume, with good reasons, that you read this blog for purpose of inquiry, your aim self -realization. Being of generous nature, let me help you in this noble endeavor.

First stage of humanity is ignorance in all pervading format. For some reason, this state is also known as paradise, which raises the suspicion that God is actually a programmer with really bad attitude. Anyhow, everything is well at this point, and sex is only done during Sabbath (in missionary position, I may add).

Unfortunately (for God, that is), this state doesn't stay long. Man through perseverance and stupidity, manages to acquire knowledge, which being evil (Boy, God has issues) results in expulsion from paradise. Now from this knowledge Man becomes aware that others are stupid, worse he mistakes his adequacy for intelligence. Result, is development of mutual contempt and distrust. This is the starting point of a civil society and value which fosters a model citizen. Civilization is the name with which this stage is denoted.

However accumulation of knowledge and malice results in epiphany. Man realizes that he is, like others, irredeemably idiot. This knowledge gives rise to self-loathing which is the driver behind all philosophy and faith. This is the third stage of enlightenment.

I hope this was of help.

PS You may say, why no discussion on intelligent. I think I can safely say that anyone reading this blog has no use for any such discussion.

2 comments:

Cinamon said...

I agree with the comment in PS as the author himself has not had any first hand experience of the mentioned trait. :P.

I read it out to the philosopher and he has concluded that you are a good judge of your reader's intellegence levels. we had a hearty laugh. thank you!.

doubtinggaurav said...

Cinamon,

Laugh, I am generous