The terror within
Beauty, in essence, is deception in its most refined form.
Truth, comprehension of life, dismay even when scarce, but in their fullest extent they are poison to a self aware and intelligent being.
The truth of course is that no meaning is to be derived from existence, or consciousness, beyond being result of whimsicality of atoms, extremely rare but random nevertheless. Essence is a fiction, albeit one which comforts.
First recourse of man is reason, to find self validation by working through theorems. Ultimately however these thesis has to rest on some assumption. Randomness may be a simpler assumption, but this assumption brings the things back to square.
Which means if consciousness is to be saved from awareness of void, elaborate deception must be invented. This is how concept of beauty or aesthetics is born.
What is beautiful, is certainly a lie.What is true, is always horrible.

9 comments:
The assumption of randomness is the most theistic of all atheistic arguments (Im not saying that you are one, I'm just stating something tangential).
Clearly, you don't believe in Satyam Shivam Sundaram. As a lifelong devotee of Zeenat Aman, I banish you from all further discussion on aesthetics.
Roughly speaking theism assumes transcendent entity, now how is Randomness transendent.
No I am not admirer of Zeenat Amaan, being fan of Mumtaaz but then I am an old man
Umm, theism can come in transcendent, immanent as well as mixed flavours. In any case, an immanent property that is absolute can be created by a transcendent entity, and the absoluteness is a hint towards the transcendence of the entity, or so I think. More on this sometime later.
Aesthetics transcends age-barriers. Mumtaaz is good, but Zeenie is indescribable. In any case, I doubt if Mumtaaz was that much older than Zeenat Amaan.
>>What is beautiful, is certainly a lie.What is true, is always horrible.
I disagree. THere are so many things in life that are beautiful and yet real.
You really need some sun shine in life.
zen babu,
Immanence is optional, more of a dharmic feature, and anyway I am not sure what has randomness got to do with immanence.Explain kiya jaye.
Cinamon,
We critters of night can't tolerate sun shine.
I know that and i saw u in action defending the north.
But, life and things can be beutiful and real at the same time.
Isnt a ferreri beautiful and real?
nice post. but my opinions on beauty is not same as yours.
Cinamon,
Ferrari is not beautiful, it is we who assign it as beautiful.
Also it is not neccessarily real, it is our sensory perception.
Soumya,
Well everyone has a different idea, this world is Mithya :-)
Post a Comment