Thursday, August 23, 2007

First wager updated

In an earlier post, I suggested that faith in transcendent entity must exist. My intention was to establish a sort of moral imperative behind faith. However on second thought, I think it goes deeper than that. I think that humans are genetically configured to be believers. What this means is unless there is something abnormal people believe they may call it Yehowah, Allah, Ishwara, spirit. This applies to majority of atheists as well, while they may scoff at any metaphysical explanation behind the conscious, they go to great distance to define a basis for morality, and to justify that in the process invent own set of beliefs which in ultimate analysis are irrational as well.

To summarize, Being begets belief.

Cool, eh ?

2 comments:

Ritwik said...

My first wager is : If you believe in randomness, you believe in god.

doubtinggaurav said...

I think you have said that earlier, explanation please.