I too felt that way.There has been perceptible drop in the quality of his output.He is not breaking any new ground these days
Pratap Bhanu Mehata is one of few truly towering intellectual left in india ,who is generally not constrained by ideological biases.This is why its disappointing
To be fair to him,might be the editorial parameters set by the spinmaster is taking toll on the though process of this outstanding intellectual
4 comments:
Hi Gaurav
I too felt that way.There has been perceptible drop in the quality of his output.He is not breaking any new ground these days
Pratap Bhanu Mehata is one of few truly towering intellectual left in india ,who is generally not constrained by ideological biases.This is why its disappointing
To be fair to him,might be the editorial parameters set by the spinmaster is taking toll on the though process of this outstanding intellectual
Prasanna,
My post may take some time. Just two points.
1 I don' think Pratap Bhanu Gupta belongs to left, rather he seems to be liberal.
2. It is not that he has been spinmeister of IE, but that he has not considered the issue from relevant pow. Again please wait for my post.
Hi Gaurav
'intellectual left ' -Looks like there is a confusion because of my poor usage of word. .Left here meant 'remaining' not the ideological left
I too locate him in the liberal tradition
Anyway waiting for your deconstruction
Prasanna,
In big cities small misunderstanding happen ;-)
Post a Comment