Friday, October 12, 2007

The Fall

(This is going to suck)

Dear Nitin,

I wish there was any way to avoid it, unfortunately there isn't. You see, it is not that I merely disagree with what you said, I find it appalling, more so that you even thought there was anything funny about it.

This is not about nationalism or for that matter any other ism. It is about human decency.

Constructing temple for Khushboo at worst is silly, offering prayer for terrorist is not. In case you have forgotten (possible, considering the eminent company you keep nowadays) , terrorists are not mere political dissidents, they kill people, and not just soldiers (who are just paid to die anyway), but also innocent men,women, even children are not spared.

That is not the end of it. If the victims are lucky the death comes quickly to them, by bullets. But if the terrorists are on on cost cutting drive, or to get the kick, the victims are slaughtered, just like animals, with a blunt knife or axe, dismembered in front of other, next in line.

Have you ever seen a snuff video? I have. And trust me when I say this, it ruins one's appetite.

These terrorists, they are not just murderers, they are monsters, worst kind of scum. And what is your response ,when some bastard offers prayers wishing heavens, yes that is right heavens, for these monster for their sacrifice, crack a tasteless joke ! You, a man with family, couldn't care less for victims. Can't even make distinction between speech and an abhorrent act. Where is the outrage against monstrosity? Where is the god damned humanity !

Of course, I realize I am nobody, and what I say is immaterial to you. But, I do wonder how did things come to such a pass. I know you through your blog since last two years and you were not like that earlier. You have changed, and I don't know what happened, except that somehow your education led you to false conclusions. Do you really believe that even in USA, land of free, in whose direction members of certain clique bow five times a day, it is possible for someone to pray for Mohammed Atta.

Surrender of perspective for certitude of dogma, bargain of moral compass for comfort of theology.

What an ignoble surrender Nitin ! What an unfortunate bargain !

3 comments:

In The Shadows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
In The Shadows said...

I wonder if Nitin really meant what he said..
Was he serious ???

Though his blog seems a little pseudo-secular now.. but I dont think he has become a socialist type.
(See this
and
this
and
guest posts by pseudo-secular muslims )


>>> But if the terrorists are on on cost cutting drive, or to get the kick, the victims are slaughtered, just like animals, with a blunt knife or axe, dismembered in front of other, next in line.


Gaurav,

A Kashmiri friend of mine told me - Terrorist Hindu logo ko maarkar unka maas bhi khaate hain.

A few others from JK have confirmed this. A good snuff film that would make, what?

doubtinggaurav said...

Shadows,

Well about his post, while I disagree with that post, it is still a valid political arguement and I can live with that. But what he said is just too much of "what me worry" stance over something important.

About cannibalism, I don't know, seems unlikely though